There are a variety of department- and university-wide honors, awards, prizes, and competitions available for mathematics undergraduate students.
Robert Noyce Scholarship Program
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Department Prizes and Awards
The Department of Mathematics recognizes outstanding undergraduate students by awarding prizes annually for exceptional work. Department awards are presented at the department's annual awards ceremony each spring.
The Department of Mathematics awards scholarships to enable and encourage undergraduate mathematics students to pursue a superb education at Illinois.
- Bradley M. and Karen A. Smith Scholarship
- Emily Mann Peck Scholarship
- Elizabeth R. Bennett Scholarship in Mathematics
- Dr. Lois M. Lackner Mathematics Scholarship
- Gail V. Kellogg Scholarship
- Illinois Mathematics Excellence Scholarship
- Ruth V. Shaff and Genevie I. Andrews Mathematics Scholarship
- Susan C. Morisato Mathematics Scholarship
- Vincent O. Greene Scholarship
The U of I Department of Mathematics has an extensive program of mathematics competitions that includes three local math contests (U of I Undergraduate Math Contest, U of I Freshman Math Contest, and U of I Mock Putnam Exam), participation in the nationwide William Lowell Putnam Competition, and Putnam training sessions.
Pi Mu Epsilon
Pi Mu Epsilon is a national honor society for the field of mathematics.
Graduation with Departmental Distinction
Campus and College Honors and Awards
- Campus and College Honors at the University of Illinois
- Honors Credit Learning Agreement
The Honors Credit Learning Agreement is used for James Scholars and others to get Honors Credit for a regular course. This agreement must be made with the person teaching the course and is subject to departmental approval. Complete the application form. For more information go to the Department of Mathematics Undergraduate Office in 313 Altgeld Hall.
- Bronze Tablet Recipients in Mathematics